30 international organisations representing copyright stakeholders call on the Council and the European Parliament to adopt the Copyright Directive.
We, the undersigned organisations, representing authors, composers, writers, journalists, photographers and others working in all artistic fields, news agencies, book, press and music publishers, audiovisual and independent music producers call on the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament to adopt the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market.
This Directive has been long sought to create a much-needed level playing field for all actors of the creative sector in the European Digital Single Market, whilst giving citizens better access to a wider array of content.
This is a historical opportunity. We need an internet that is fair and sustainable for all. This is why we urge policymakers to adopt the Directive quickly, as agreed in trilogue negotiations.
- BIEM – Bureau international des sociétés gérant les droits d’enregistrement et de reproduction mécanique
- CEDC – European Coalitions for Cultural Diversity
- CEPIC – Centre of the Picture Industry
- CIAGP – International Council of Creators of Graphic, Plastic and Photographic Arts
- CIAM -International Council of Music Authors
- CISAC – International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers
- EANA – European Alliance of News Agencies
- ECSA – European Composer and Songwriter Alliance
- EFJ – European Federation of Journalists
- EIBF – European & International Booksellers Federation
- EMMA – European Magazine Media Association
- ENPA – European Newspaper Publishers’ Association
- EPC – European Publishers’ Council
- Eurocinema – Association de Producteurs de Cinéma et de Télévision
- EVA – European Visual Artists
- EWC – European Writers’ Council
- FEP – Federation of European Publishers
- FERA – Federation of European Film Directors
- FSE – Federation of Screenwriters in Europe
- GESAC – European Grouping of Societies of Authors and Composers
- IFRRO – International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations
- IMAGO – European Federation of Cinematographers
- IMPALA – Independent Music Companies Association
- IMPF – Independent Music Publishers International Forum
- NMC – News Media Coalition
- NME – News Media Europe
- SAA – Society of Audiovisual Authors
- UNI-MEI – Global Union in the Media, Entertainment and Arts
- W&DW – Writers & Directors Worldwide