FNAPPI, the National Federation of Photo and Information Press Agencies, founded in 1989, counts the 15 principal French production agencies as members – notably Gamma, Sipa Press, Bestimage, Starface, KCS Presse, DPPI. FNAPPI members are official press agencies accredited by the CPPAP, the Joint Commission of Publishers and Press Agencies, a body which includes state representatives and press professionals.
The Federation’s goals are:
- - the defense of the moral and material interests of photographic and information press agencies as well the representation of their interests with regard to the French government organisms and various professional organizations;
- - the examination of ethical, legal, and technical issues encountered in the profession;
- - the maintenance of relationships of good and loyal fellowship among members;
- - the protection of photographers’ copyright and moral rights;
- - the defense of freedom of the press.
FNAPPI is a member of the French National Daily Press Organization, sits on the Commission for Professional Journalists Identification Cards, as well as on AFDAS, the association providing professional training in cultural, communications, media, and leisure fields. FNAPPI is also a member of L’Observatoire de l’Image, a professional image usage watchdog grouping actors in the audio-visual sector.
As a founding member of CEPIC, FNAPPI is happy to return to the fold as an affiliate member.