Fotofringe London organisers are extending a strongly warm New Year invitation to all European and overseas partners, customers and colleagues, to join the UK picture and publishing industries in London on Thursday, 21 March 2019, at Kings Place, central London. A very few tables are being held in special reserve for non-UK picture agencies: to book a table as an exhibitor or to buy a day-pass to network, just contact the organisers email@example.com. You can see who is already exhibiting here
Fotofringe creator Flora Smith says: “We have chosen to hold the 2019 event the week before the UK’s technical exit date from the European Union and to make fotofringe 2019 as international and as powerfully collaborative as possible, with valuable additional input as BAPLA introduces industry speakers giving insights on picture research and photography, and we will also hear from the Alliance for Intellectual Property”.
A small number of tables have been held on reserve exclusively for European and international agencies in support of the crucial face to face “algorithm-free” connection that is the core of fotofringe. This connection is more important than ever as the global creative industries, of which we and all our customers are a part, work through new economic, logistic and IP developments. These “out-of-town” tables will be issued on a first come, first served basis and when they are gone, they’re gone.
Fotofringe London 2019 is a first-class opportunity to tune in to the evolving UK industry, create new connections and gather industry insights ahead of the crucial Paris CEPIC three months later.
Non-UK agencies should email an expression of interest to Natalie Fairchild at firstname.lastname@example.org If a table is not a possibility, there are one or two affordable options to have a small but relevant unstaffed presence at the event.
Date: Thursday 21 March 2019, 09.30-17.30
Location: Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG https://www.kingsplace.co.uk/about-us/ – multiple award winning venue, environmentally focused, winner of the UK’s Best of the Best.
Transport: London’s five international airports are all within the hour and there are direct connections to Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton. Kings Cross/St Pancras for Eurostar is 5 minutes’ walk from the venue.
Contact: Natalie Fairchild or Flora Smith email@example.com
- Kings Place have done a fantastic refurbishment for their 10th anniversary – the Battlebridge Room and the Rotunda Restaurant have been redesigned, and the immediate area itself is pulling in ever bigger names with a massive presence (Google, Facebook).
- On the day itself, there are quick expert insights in the hot topics, to answer questions on the fly, with much to offer visitors as well as exhibitors -“Focus at Fotofringe” with expert insights hosted by BAPLA, and a key global look at issues relating to Intellectual Property Rights courtesy of the Alliance for Intellectual Property https://www.allianceforip.co.uk/about-the-alliance
- CEPIC have a table at the event and will be on hand throughout the day.
- SocialWall – there will be a live twitter/instagram wall, showing on all screens throughout the spaces, increasing engagement with announcements, photo opportunities, promotions, and fun.
- The area around Kings Place / Kings Cross is opening right up for interest. Visitors (and exhibitors) with the luxury of a little extra time will find much to enjoy – here’s a cool map to the area, which out of town visitors might particularly appreciate. The event is on a Thursday, aimed at making it possible for our European exhibitors or visitors to make a long weekend of it.
- Accommodation in the immediate area includes via airbnb (https://bit.ly/2PnD5kE) or nearby hotels https://tinyurl.com/yc2m2h6u