The next IPTC Members’ Meeting will be held in the dynamic and increasingly tech-savvy city of Lisbon, Portugal from Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th April, 2019.
You can expect three full days of working group presentations, interesting stories and case studies from invited companies and IPTC members, and discussions about current issues in the media technology world.
The meeting hotel is the Vincci Liberdade near the Marques de Pombal roundabout in the Liberdade area.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Update on IPTC’s work with news credibility initiatives
- DPA’s work implementing the Trust Project’s Trust Indicators
- Update on DPP Metadata for News Exchange (see our blog post about the recent event in London)
- Practical rights management issues – UX for editors, how to implement at scale
- Photo standards other than IPTC – work with JPEG, ISO etc
- Google Images now publishes IPTC rights metadata. What comes next?
- Technical implications of the EU Copyright Directive
- Integrating audience analytics and segmentation as feedback to publishers and agencies
- Update on MINDS Performing Content project
- Text mining for the media, including a demo from local company
- AI and text analysis using IPTC Media Topics
- Translating Media Topics into other (human) languages – sharing tips and best practices
The meeting is available only to IPTC members and invited guests. If you would like to present at the meeting, please get in touch with Brendan Quinn, IPTC Managing Director at email@example.com.