CEPIC is involved in IP negotiations at European and international level and in technological standardisation in the visual field.
Current issues include
EU copyright harmonization and reform on the Digital Single Market, competition online, image search engines and the closing of the “framing loophole”, reform of collective rights management, respect of metadata, standardisation of image works identifiers.
Involvements with other organisations include:
- WIPO (since 1997)
- IPTC (since 2005)
- Creativity Works! (since 2014)
- FairSearch (since 2016)
- CICI Brussels (since 2017)
- The Open Internet Project OIP (since 2018)
- Content Authenticity Initiative (since 2023)
- In the past, CEPIC has been involved with the Linked Content Coalition, the PLUS Coalition, ICOMP
In this section, you will find current News related to the above fields.
Our position papers, key statements and other resources may be found in the relevant sub-sections or in the Login Member area of the Cepic website.